Prerequisite: All Participants must be 15yrs of age or above. All participants are required to attain a Fitness Certificate (Form will be sent to you upon registration) signed by a Medical practitioner scan and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th Sept 2022 or your application stands cancelled.
Disclaimer (applicable to Triathlon categories): If the swimming pools are not permitted to be operational due to pandemic/Covid 19, a participant can either change his/her race category to duathlon(in this case fees will be adjusted to the corresponding category chosen of duathlon) or ask for a partial refund (Rs1000/- deducted for merchandise cost). The said rule of partial refund is applied to only Triathlon categories and that too in case of swimming pool not permitted to be operational by government authorities.
Prizes: Trophies only for overall 1st 2nd & 3rd position winners in male and female category. Age category wise rankings will be shared on timing website only for self assessment.
1. Shower before you get in the pool.
2. Tri suits, swimsuits, cycling shorts, Tri athlete tops all welcome!
3. Swim cap + goggles to be worn by all – it’s mandatory!
4. There are 4-5 people to a lane, swim in your lane and ensure you don’t bang into others.
5. Maintain the same stroke (freestyle or breast stroke) for the entire length of the pool. You may switch strokes “only” once you have reached the end and tapped “the wall” to indicate you are done with that length! This is important for you to understand else you will be disqualified! No questions asked..!
6. We will have Marshal’s stationed there to count the total number of laps you are doing. . If you do not “Tap the wall” that length will not be counted towards your distance in the pool and you will have to do that length again.
7. Starting from one end of the pool tapping on the other end and returning back to the start point will be counted as one loop.
8. For people who feel the need to catch a breath during a length, or stand in their lane if they feel exhausted , please stick closest to the rope so as not to come in the way of the swimmers in your lane….don’t hog space in the pool!
9. There are no separate transition times, if you cannot hoist yourselves out of the pool yourself or with a helping hand from our designated marshals, then use the ladder on either side of the pool but do not interrupt any other swimmer.
10. Swim time is Mat to Mat, means the time you cross mat/tap wrist band your timing starts, the clock will remain clicking till you finish your swim and come back. In case you delay in entering pool after tapping timing mat or you delay tapping the timing mat after finishing your swim it will increase your swim time, as total time will be reported. There is no mechanism to calculate actual time for which you were in the pool as there is no manual timing process.
11. Respect your swimming partner’s space- they are sharing your lane!
12. Marshalls hold the authority of final count of laps.
13. No Flipping, No Spitting, No urinating in the pool
14. Medical certificate submission is mandatory to enter the event.
Guidelines for Swimming
1. You must carry- towels, socks, shoes, cycling helmet, sunglasses, small snack (dry fruit, banana, energy gel).
2. You may want to carry an extra set of clothes to change after your run.
3. Women who are not comfortable with cycling/ running in their swim attire may carry their slacks to wear before getting on their cycles.
4. Women who do not have a triathlete suit for the event may wear their sports bras under their swim suits to make transition times flawless.
5. Remember to have fun and train hard!
● The cycling route will NOT have any official closures, so you will be riding in open traffic and need to be watchful.
● There would be volunteers at intersections and merging roads.
● All competitors will be required to wear STANDARDS APPROVED HELMET throughout the bike course.
● Helmet straps must be fastened at all times when the bicycle is in motion i.e. being ridden or walked. In the event of a breakdown on the cycle course, the helmet must remain on and securely fastened.
● Absolutely no drafting another bicycle or any other vehicle is allowed. A space of four bike lengths must be left between all riders at all times. While overtaking ensure you are on the right side and maintain safe distance from the fellow racer. Use hand signals when you want to stop or if you see any obstructions on the road to caution the cyclist behind you.
● Volunteers and Course marshalls are equipped to check Drafting at all check points and they will do their job up-to best of their abilities. Participants are not supposed to point out fellow cyclists for any kind of non-adherence, you are responsible for your race so please concentrate on that.
● Competitors are individually responsible for following traffic laws under the Motor Vehicles Act or any other law which is applicable to cyclists and pedestrians and they are solely responsible for the consequences of any infringements.
● Competitors must obey the instructions of course marshal’s and volunteers at all times.
● MP3 Players, iPod’s, walkmans etc are not recommended for your own safety on the road.
● No form of locomotion other than running or walking is allowed – no exceptions!
● No individual support vehicles or escort runners or pacers are allowed.
● Runners are expected to follow the directions of all course marshals, volunteers and race officials.
● MP3 Players, iPod’s, walkmans etc. are not recommended for your own safety on the road.
● Once the race starts, only competitors who are racing can enter the bike compound during transition. Remember to get all your swim gear out of the bike compound before the race commences, as you will be unable to return to the bike compound until your cycle leg.
● Make a mental note of your placement in the bike compound so you can easily find your correct position, e.g. Bike rack row number. No flags, signs or tape can be used to identify a competitor’s bike rack as it provides an unfair advantage over other competitors.
● Bikes must be placed in the correct bike rack after the bike sector of the race. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
● Each competitor is ultimately responsible for his or her own gear.
● Helmets must be fastened prior to un-racking your bike and must remain fastened until the bike has been racked following the cycle leg. Any breach of this rule may incur a time penalty.
● Do not sabotage or meddle with any other competitor’s equipment, accessories or bicycle.
Advice of Penalties
Penalty box infractions:
● Drafting + 30 Mins
● Blocking + 30 Mins
● Illegal passing + 15 Mins
● Unfastened helmet + 15 Mins
● Pulling back in the swim + 10 Mins
● Early start or turn on the swim + 20 Mins
● Misbehavior with fellow participants or volunteers will lead to disqualification without exception
** Transition time will be included in the overall time taken by an athelete
** Non – Adherence to any of the rules will straight away lead to disqualification and competitor have to leave the race immediately as advised by the marshals -NO Questions Asked!